Who benefits from primal therapy?
Ever wondered who benefits from primal therapy? Well no matter who you are, primal might be the solution for your pain. If you feel unhappy, you are unhappy.
When you don’t feel good about yourself, your life and your relationships, it's because certain essential needs were not met when you were very young or growing up. You don't realise that your past is disturbing your present.
Symptoms of unresolved pain.
It can be hard to accept that inadequate care and attention as a child has such a debilitating effect on you as an adult. But it does.
Research shows that the effects of traumatic attachment experiences between infants and their parental figures (and this includes birth trauma) can result in a predisposition to posttraumatic stress symptoms.
That can make it difficult to cope with life and adult relationships on many levels.
The average middle-class family.
Even mildly traumatic relational environments like that of the average middle-class family and upbringing can produce milder post-traumatic symptoms. These can impact your adult life in painful ways.
Whether the pain in your childhood was unintentionally inflicted or not, it still causes suffering and misery. Too much or too little parental input registers as pain in a child. So it's essential to be aware of how much your childhood impacts your adult life.
You might appear to be functioning, but at some levels, you’re plagued unceasingly by feelings of generalised unhappiness, unease, depression, anger, anxiety and unfulfilled relationships and life expectations.
At the extreme, you might find yourself acting out your pain by committing emotional, physical and sexual abuse and assault.
Troubles in your adult life.
If you have experienced a prolonged period (months to years) of chronic victimisation and total control by another (i.e. your parents) you might be having troubles with your emotions. You might have distorted perceptions about yourself, others and relationship problems.
If other therapies have not helped you gain the relief you're looking for, it might be that they do not provide the depth of processing that's required to heal and integrate childhood pain and trauma.
Some people view primal therapy as a last resort. For many others, though, it's the only treatment they've done or believe is worth doing. Especially for healing the pain or past traumatic experiences.
If any of the following descriptions relate to you and other forms therapy and counselling have not helped, please consider primal therapy as an alternative.
Who benefits from primal therapy?
Symptoms of unresolved pain and trauma from your past are:
- Persistent sadness including excessive grief.
- Self-hatred, self-blame and guilt including suicidal thoughts and feelings.
- Anger directed at others or self, including aggressive behaviour against self and others, explosive anger and rage.
- Depression, anxiety and isolation.
- Difficulty sustaining relationships and intimacy including sex and sexuality concerns.
- Rapid shifts in emotional states and inability to control emotions including depression and anxiety.
- The loss of drive and failure to achieve life goals including difficulty with sustaining focus.
- Inability to regulate your sleep or food intake and self-care in a healthy way.
- An altered perspective of the world including anticipating the worst or catastrophic expectations.
- Multiple somatic problems, from gastrointestinal distress to headaches.
- Lack of awareness of danger and the resulting self-endangering behaviours.
- Chronic feelings of ineffectiveness, helplessness and/or hopelessness.
- Addictions (any behaviour you cannot control).
- Compulsions (feeling driven and cannot stop).
Interested in finding out if primal therapy can help you? Contact us today...
Safely lessen or eliminate painful emotions and feelings from your past.